WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
1. Our warranties against defects and remedies under these warranties are in addition to other rights and remedies of the purchaser under the Australian Consumer Law. Should your product be defective, you may choose to make a claim under the Australian Consumer Law or the Lounge City Warranty Against Defects.
2. Unless otherwise specified in writing by Lounge City, Lounge City warrants that:
2.1. the frame used in an imported Lounge City lounge is guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for a period of 12 months unless specified otherwise on the product label;
2.2. the frame used in an Australian made Lounge City lounge is guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for a period of 10 Years;
2.3. the electronic and motion components for all recliners and sofa beds are guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for a period of 2 years from date of purchase, excluding batteries and transformers that come with a 12 month warranty.
2.4. all components of your product other than 2.1 and 2.3 above (including other timber finishes, chrome and metal, glass and marble, travertine) are guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for a period of 12 months from date of purchase.
3. To be entitled to claim under the Lounge City warranty against defects, the defect in the part or product must appear within the relevant time period set out in items 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 above.
Exclusions (subject to the Australian Consumer Law)
4. To the maximum extent permitted by law, and subject to the Australian Consumer Law, Lounge City is not liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for or in respect of:
4.1. normal wear and tear (refer to the Caring for Your Furniture below). In this regard, please note that the following may occur as a result of natural and normal usage:
(a) leathers and fabrics will fade and crease;
(b) foam and fillings will soften and form the shape of the user over time;
(c) depending on the covering and the degree of use, the covering materials, cushion fillings and suspension may need to be replaced periodically at the purchaser’s expense;
(d) scars, marks and differing pore density and colour are natural characteristics of leather;
(e) the leather and fabric products are upholstered by hand and therefore, the size and weight of these products may have minor variations of up to 5% from the sample products or from any product specifications you have been quoted,
Please also refer to “Caring for Your Furniture” below;
4.2. damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint, or bodily fluids;
4.3. damage caused by improper cleaning, negligence, treatment of the product with chemicals, exposing the product to the sun, extreme heat or bright light such as lamps, or otherwise caused by your acts and/or omissions; or
4.5. the cost of transporting the Product to and/or from the specified place of repair or replacement.
5. The warranty against defects is not transferable. It is limited to the original purchaser specified in the original Sales Order. The warranty against defects only applies to products that are used for normal domestic purposes and excludes products used for commercial purposes.
How to claim a warranty against defects
6. To claim under these warranties against defect, the Purchaser:
6.1. must cease using the product immediately after the defect appears; and
6.2. must notify Lounge City within 7 calendar days after the defect appears;
6.3. provide Lounge City a copy of the original Sales Order or tax invoice.
8. Once a claim has been lodged with our service department, Lounge City will assess your claim, and respond within 15 business days.
9. The purchaser must bear the expense of making the claim, and the cost of all freight, house calls, labours and other items. These will be charged to the Purchaser at standard Lounge City rates.
Remedies for warranty against defects
10. If a part or product is determined by Lounge City to have a manufacturing defect, Lounge City will, at the election of Lounge City, choose whether to repair or replace that part or product.
11. Under the Lounge City warranty against defects, the purchaser has the right to repair or replacement of the defective part or product only.
12. To the maximum extent permitted by law, unless expressly set out in these warranties against defect, and subject to any condition, warranty or right granted or implied under the Australian Consumer Law or any other law which cannot by law be excluded by agreement, Lounge City has no liability to the purchaser under the warranty against defects (other than repair or replacement of the defective part or product), whether in contract, in tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for any loss or damage of any kind suffered by you or any other person in connection with the goods including, but not limited to, indirect and consequential loss.
GENERAL CARING FOR YOUR FURNITURE
13. Please ensure that your furniture is used as it was intended. Do not jump on the seating, sit on arms of lounges, do not sit or stand on table tops, and do not pivot on the back legs of chairs. When moving the furniture please use the appropriate number of people to lift and move correctly to avoid damaging legs and brackets.
14. As with any product, prolonged exposure of furniture to direct sunlight will harm it. Direct exposure to sunlight will cause leather and fabrics to fade and may also cause excessive drying. Direct exposure to sunlight will cause timber products, particularly doors, tops and side panels to warp.
LEATHER UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE
15. Please refer to the Lounge Booklet provided to you at time of order. The most up to date version of the Lounge Booklet can also be found on the Lounge City website. This booklet contains comprehensive details on caring and cleaning of leather and fabric lounges, natural characteristics of leather, normal wear and tear of leather and fabric lounges and other important information. The information provided in this booklet forms part of this document relating to leather and fabric lounges.
FABRIC UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE
16. Loose threads should be cut off, not pulled and loops should be pushed back in, not cut or pulled. Dust is best removed using your vacuum cleaner with the appropriate attachment. Avoid harsh brushing and sharp objects (rings, buckles, toys) as it will cause snagging of threads and stitching. Do not allow cats and dogs to walk on fabric upholstered furniture. As many fabrics differ in properties, it is best to follow the unique care and cleaning instructions that accompanies your fabric furniture.
LACQUERED & TIMBER FINISHES
17. Natural timber and veneer finishes will show distinctive markings, patterns and colour variations which are evidence of being produced from genuine timber materials. Always use protective heat coverings to protect against hot objects. A tablecloth is not sufficient. Always use coasters when placing glasses, bottles or cups on the surface. Regularly clean surface by wiping with a non-abrasive, damp cloth.
MARBLE, TAVERTINE FINISHES
18. Marble and Travertine are natural materials. Each piece is unique in markings and patterns and colour variation. Always use protective heat coverings to protect against hot objects. A tablecloth is not sufficient. Always use coasters when placing glasses, bottles or cups on the surface. Any liquid spills should be wiped clean immediately. Remove dirt and dust by wiping with a warm, damp cloth.
CHROME & METAL FINISHES
19. Dust the surface regularly to avoid build-up of pollutants, which may cause the surface to rust. Only use a recognized brand of chrome polish, if necessary. Avoid contact with sharp or hard objects as this will cause scratching.
20. Use a regular glass cleaner with an appropriate soft cloth for glass. Do not apply glass cleaner to surrounding areas or the frosted side of the glass. Always use a mat to avoid hot objects being in direct contact with glass. Avoid contact with sharp or hard objects as this will cause scratching. Never lift glass tops from the ends of a table as this will put unnecessary stress on the surface and may cause it to break.
LOUNGE CITY PRODUCTS & AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
Lounge City goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement, refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law are in addition to any warranty against defects you are given (please refer to the Lounge City Warranty Against Defects page for more information). Should your product be defective, you may choose to make a claim under Australian Consumer Law or the Lounge City Warranty Against Defects.
Summary of Australian Statutory consumer guarantees
1. The Australian Consumer Law applies the following consumer guarantees to all goods you purchase from Lounge City:
1.1. The goods will be of acceptable quality;
1.2. The goods will be fit for a particular purpose;
1.3. The goods will match their description;
1.4. The goods will match the sample or demonstration model;
1.5. Any express warranties provided by Lounge City are satisfied;
1.6. You have title to the goods;
1.7. You have undisturbed possession of the goods;
1.8. There are no undisclosed securities on the goods;
1.9. Spare parts and repair facilities will be available for a reasonable time after purchase (unless you were advised otherwise at time of purchase).
CONSUMER GUARANTEE REMEDIES
2. If you have a "minor problem" with a Lounge City product, Lounge City can, at its cost, choose to repair the product instead of replacing it or refunding you.
3. If you have a "major problem" with a Lounge City product, you have the right to choose whether to reject the goods (and either choose a refund or a replacement) or to ask for compensation for the drop in value below the price you paid.
4. For goods, there is a “major failure” to comply with a consumer guarantee when:
4.1. you would not have purchased the product if you had known about the problem; or
4.2. the product is significantly different from the description, sample or demonstration model you were shown; or
4.3. the product is substantially unfit for its normal purpose and cannot easily be made fit within a reasonable time; or
4.4. the product is substantially unfit for the purpose you told the supplier about, and cannot easily be made fit within a reasonable time; or
4.5. the product is unsafe.
5. If there is a “major failure” of a Lounge City product, you can choose to:
5.1. return the goods to us and ask for a refund;
5.2. return the goods to us and ask for a replacement; or
5.3. keep the goods and ask us for compensation for the difference in value from either the supplier or the manufacturer.
6. A "minor failure" is something that is not a "major failure". It can be fixed in a reasonable period of time.
7. If your Lounge City product is subject to a "minor failure", Lounge City can choose to:
7.1. repair the Lounge City product at no cost to you;
7.2. replace the Lounge City product, against at no cost to you; or
7.3. refund you.
8. If Lounge City fails to give you a free repair within a reasonable time or cannot fix your problem, you can:
8.1. get it done elsewhere and pass on the cost to Lounge City
8.2. ask for a replacement
8.3. ask for a refund
8.4. recover compensation from Lounge City for the drop in value below the price you paid.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RETURNING LOUNGE CITY GOODS
9. You are responsible for returning the goods to Lounge City at your expense in the circumstances which you have picked up the goods or agreed upon by you or a Lounge City representative.
10. However, if the item is faulty and/or the cost to return, remove or transport the goods will be significant to you and you have paid any delivery/service expenses in full, then Lounge City must arrange for the goods to be collected from you, within a reasonable time and at the expense of Lounge City.
EXCEPTIONS TO GUARANTEES
11. Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
11.1. received what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it;
11.2. misused a product in any way that caused the problem; or
11.3. knew of, or were made aware of, the faults before you bought the product.